Win a Trip to Rio!
On May 31st, at 10pm New York time, the highest scoring player of Game Change Rio will win a trip for themselves, and a person of their choice, to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The prize includes airfare and accommodation, as well as events according to the itinerary below.
16 – 19 June: Arrival and Exploration of the beautiful city of Rio de Janeiro and attending various thematic events of your own choice.
20 – 22 June: Attend the official United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
23 – 24 June: Recreation and further exploration before travelling back home.
- winner (12-30 years of age inclusive), receiving two flight ticket and accommodation for two (double room) to Rio de Janeiro, subject to the terms and conditions below:
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is free and open, it is not restricted to being resident of a certain country, aged 12 to 30 years of age (inclusive) who is declared as the high-score winner of the online game “Game Change Rio” (www.gamechangerio.org) between 16th of May 2012 and 31st of May 2012 (10 pm, local time in New York). If the winner is below the legal age of adulthood in his country of residence, he is only eligible to win if he is accompanied by an adult person, who has signed a letter of taking over respective responsibilities.
- Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The promotion commences 16th of May 2012 and closes on 31st of May 2012 (10 pm, local time in New York).
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, Biovision, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries
- The winners will be notified by email following the selection (within 48 hours). Their name and entry may be published on www.gamechangerio.org and via our social networks. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Names of the winners (first name, last name and city) may also be announced in the Game Change Rio communication means.
- The Promoter will award the specific prize to the second person within that prize pool, if the prize remains unclaimed within a 48 hours period after the prize notification email is sent.
- The winning eligible entry will win: - A trip to Rio de Janeiro, subject to eligibility criteria
- The prizes are not transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize. Forfeiture of prize may also occur if winners are unable to provide proof of documentation / qualifications that has already been requested as part of the visa application process.
- Prize offerings are subject to availability
- No cash or credit alternatives will be offered.
- The promoter of this competition is CodeSustainable, Frankfurt, Germany.
- The Promoter will make arrangements to travel to Rio de Janeiro (flights and accommodation) – all transfers to and from the airport/ insurance etc and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winners and at their own cost.
- Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other Game Change Rio or third party discounts or special offers.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
- The Swiss laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
- By entering into this prize draw, the winners agree that his/her details may be used in post-event publicity including blogging on Game Change Rio preferred blogging and online system before, during and / or after the trip prize. The winners will need to complete a trip report plus an interview with Game Change Rio upon their return; this must be completed within 2 weeks of return. This may also be used by associates of Game Change Rio.
- The promoter and all third parties involved, will not be responsible if the winners are refused entry to Brazil. The promoter will not be responsible for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason beyond its control. All other terms & conditions of travel are as per the standard terms and conditions of the issuing travel agency.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.
- Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.